The Bigfork Valley Community Foundation has several capital campaign projects underway that are intended to enrich our communities.
If you are interested in giving to any of our special projects please see the mail-in form or donate online at our secure PayPal page where you can quickly and easily fill in the amount you would like to donate.
Bigfork Valley Swimming Pool
- The saltwater pool will be approximately 30’ x 75’ in size and will be housed in an approximately 7,000 sq ft. building on the Bigfork Valley Health Care campus.
- Preliminary cost estimates for the pool are $1.6 to $2 million.
- The pool will be open for community use such as open swimming, water aerobics, and youth swimming lessons. The pool will also serve as a valuable tool for physical therapy and rehabilitation for outpatients.
- The Foundation will be seeking outside sources of funding to construct the pool through grants, donations, and fundraisers.
The RiverWalk Trail Project: Connecting Bigfork
- The Bigfork Valley Community Foundation, Northern Itasca Joint Powers Board, City of Bigfork and other local stakeholders are collaborating on the development of a multi-use trail in Bigfork that would parallel and highlight sections of the Bigfork and Rice Rivers.
- The proposed project would provide a unique connection between Bigfork businesses, residents, visitors, Bigfork School, Bigfork Valley Health Care Campus, City of Bigfork amenities, and recreation facilities.
- The purpose of the trail is to provide pedestrians, bicyclists, rollerbladers, and other users a non-motorized transportation route throughout the City of Bigfork. If completed, the trail will be a terrific asset in improving peoples’ health and wellness and will be an option for physical exercise. The trail will be a venue for people who want to relax and enjoy a walk and/or view the scenery near the rivers.
- Bigfork School would be able to utilize the trail for athletic training and physical education classes.
- Bigfork Valley Hospital, Clinic, and Communities would utilize the trail for its patients, residents, and staff.
- The trail would also serve as an additional attraction within the City of Bigfork and Edge of the Wilderness area. It will be used for recruiting new residents and visitors to the area which in turn will benefit the entire community in a variety of ways.
- The majority of the trail will be constructed to be handicapped accessible.
Aspen Circle Memory Care Addition
- Bigfork Valley Hospital has seen the need for an expanded memory care unit as part of its long term care commitment to the Elders of its hospital district communities. Aspen Circle will provide:
- Expanded capacity of 20 private memory care units
- Central Commons with stimulating activities such as gardening and an indoor walking corridor
- Indoor/outdoor opportunities in a safe environment; including the ability for staff to see all locations in Commons at once
- Indoor access to medical and social activities on campus
Bigfork Valley Diabetes Center of Excellence
- "The mission of the Bigfork Valley Diabetes Center of Excellence is to provide unique educational opportunities and resources that will effectively encourage healthy choices, inspire confidence and independence in our clients, and contribute to their success in preventing and managing diabetes."
- Diabetes Center of Excellence is an accredited program.
- The Bigfork Valley Diabetes Center of Excellence has been recognized by the American Diabetes Association for Quality Self-Management Education.*
- Our staff includes a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE), Registered Dietitian, Nurse Diabetes Educator and Foot Care nurse. The center has access to the on-site pharmacy for consultation.
- Our team approach follows the National Standards of Care set by the American Diabetes Association and the Education Recognition program. We encourage our patients to develop and possess the seven self-care behaviors of diabetes care which are: healthy eating, being active, taking medications, monitoring, problem solving, healthy coping and risk reduction.
- Diabetes Education
Diabetes education can help you detect, prevent and manage your diabetes. Our goal as diabetes educators is to provide individuals with the tools necessary to independently manage their diabetes on a daily basis with confidence. As part of our educational program, we teach insulin education, insulin pump initiation and therapy, and continuous glucose monitoring.